Takeley hope to be lit up by Arsenal
Takeley hope to welcome an Arsenal side to Station Road to mark the switching on of their new floodlights. The club have been busy over recent months, working hard on the lights and they have almost been completed. The cables are in, we are just waiting
Takeley hope to welcome an Arsenal side to Station Road to mark the switching on of their
The club have been busy over recent months, working hard on the lights and they have almost been completed.
"The cables are in, we are just waiting for the company to deliver the lights now," said manager Don Watters. "The chairman has told me they will definitely be up by the end of the month and we are all looking forward to it.
You may also want to watch:
"I sent a few letters off to professional clubs asking them to bring a team down and we have had replies from Arsenal and West Ham asking for a date.
"I know Pat Rice and spoke to him and he said he couldn't guarantee a first team squad, but would get a side down if they could make the date."
- 1 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Bid to 'join' Dunmow and Easton with more than 1,000 homes blocked
- 4 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 5 Ball bearings shot at Leaden Roding car
- 6 'Outstanding' Town Award winners unveiled
- 7 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 10 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
Meanwhile, the manager has revealed he is looking to strengthen his strike force.
"We need another forward as we are light up front," said Watters.
"We have a couple training this week and one next week and I will have a look at them and if they are better than what we have at the moment we will hope to do something.
"One is playing in a lower league, two are in the Essex Intermediate and one in the Essex Senior League.