Takeley hope to be lit up by Arsenal
Takeley hope to welcome an Arsenal side to Station Road to mark the switching on of their new floodlights. The club have been busy over recent months, working hard on the lights and they have almost been completed. The cables are in, we are just waiting
Takeley hope to welcome an Arsenal side to Station Road to mark the switching on of their
The club have been busy over recent months, working hard on the lights and they have almost been completed.
"The cables are in, we are just waiting for the company to deliver the lights now," said manager Don Watters. "The chairman has told me they will definitely be up by the end of the month and we are all looking forward to it.
"I sent a few letters off to professional clubs asking them to bring a team down and we have had replies from Arsenal and West Ham asking for a date.
"I know Pat Rice and spoke to him and he said he couldn't guarantee a first team squad, but would get a side down if they could make the date."
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 5 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 6 Emergency bananas rescue man's 875-mile solo cycle challenge
- 7 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 8 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 9 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 10 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
Meanwhile, the manager has revealed he is looking to strengthen his strike force.
"We need another forward as we are light up front," said Watters.
"We have a couple training this week and one next week and I will have a look at them and if they are better than what we have at the moment we will hope to do something.
"One is playing in a lower league, two are in the Essex Intermediate and one in the Essex Senior League.