Takeley eye league title
Takeley will be looking to get off to a good start when they kick-off their Essex Olympian Football League Premier Division campaign at Frenford on Saturday. The Station Road outfit have enjoyed a solid pre-season and new manager Don Watters has set his s
Takeley will be looking to get off to a good start when they kick-off their Essex Olympian Football League Premier Division campaign at Frenford on Saturday.
The Station Road outfit have enjoyed a solid pre-season and new manager Don Watters has set his sights on the league title.
"We are all looking forward to it and I'm quite excited now," he said. "Pre-season has gone well and the boys are looking good.
"The players have all worked hard, training twice a week, and are as fit as they have ever been.
"We want to win the league and we feel we are good enough as we have played senior side's pre-season and been the better side."
The manager won't be taking Frenford lightly however.
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 3 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 4 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 7 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 8 Campaigners quiz council over its Wethersfield prisons letters
- 9 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 10 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
"They will be strong and have strengthened with a few ex-Takeley boys and I expect them, Benfleet and White Ensign to be fighting with us at the top," said Watters.
"We are all set for Saturday, I just hope it goes the right way as it's so important we get off to a good start."
Takeley then host Kelvedon Hatch on Wednesday, 6pm kick-off.
- Takeley have added to their squad ahead of the new season by signing striker Greg Hughes.
"He was leading goal scorer at Sawbridgeworth and if he can score goals in the Senior League I'm sure he will in the Olympian League," said the Takeley boss.