Takeley eye league title
Takeley will be looking to get off to a good start when they kick-off their Essex Olympian Football League Premier Division campaign at Frenford on Saturday. The Station Road outfit have enjoyed a solid pre-season and new manager Don Watters has set his s
Takeley will be looking to get off to a good start when they kick-off their Essex Olympian Football League Premier Division campaign at Frenford on Saturday.
The Station Road outfit have enjoyed a solid pre-season and new manager Don Watters has set his sights on the league title.
"We are all looking forward to it and I'm quite excited now," he said. "Pre-season has gone well and the boys are looking good.
"The players have all worked hard, training twice a week, and are as fit as they have ever been.
You may also want to watch:
"We want to win the league and we feel we are good enough as we have played senior side's pre-season and been the better side."
The manager won't be taking Frenford lightly however.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 3 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 4 Raynes Boxing Club duo delighted to return to amateur competition
- 5 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 6 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 7 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
"They will be strong and have strengthened with a few ex-Takeley boys and I expect them, Benfleet and White Ensign to be fighting with us at the top," said Watters.
"We are all set for Saturday, I just hope it goes the right way as it's so important we get off to a good start."
Takeley then host Kelvedon Hatch on Wednesday, 6pm kick-off.
- Takeley have added to their squad ahead of the new season by signing striker Greg Hughes.
"He was leading goal scorer at Sawbridgeworth and if he can score goals in the Senior League I'm sure he will in the Olympian League," said the Takeley boss.