Takeley eye league title
Takeley will be looking to get off to a good start when they kick-off their Essex Olympian Football League Premier Division campaign at Frenford on Saturday. The Station Road outfit have enjoyed a solid pre-season and new manager Don Watters has set his s
Takeley will be looking to get off to a good start when they kick-off their Essex Olympian Football League Premier Division campaign at Frenford on Saturday.
The Station Road outfit have enjoyed a solid pre-season and new manager Don Watters has set his sights on the league title.
"We are all looking forward to it and I'm quite excited now," he said. "Pre-season has gone well and the boys are looking good.
"The players have all worked hard, training twice a week, and are as fit as they have ever been.
You may also want to watch:
"We want to win the league and we feel we are good enough as we have played senior side's pre-season and been the better side."
The manager won't be taking Frenford lightly however.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 New cycle network consultation announced
- 6 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
"They will be strong and have strengthened with a few ex-Takeley boys and I expect them, Benfleet and White Ensign to be fighting with us at the top," said Watters.
"We are all set for Saturday, I just hope it goes the right way as it's so important we get off to a good start."
Takeley then host Kelvedon Hatch on Wednesday, 6pm kick-off.
- Takeley have added to their squad ahead of the new season by signing striker Greg Hughes.
"He was leading goal scorer at Sawbridgeworth and if he can score goals in the Senior League I'm sure he will in the Olympian League," said the Takeley boss.