Takeley ease past Clapton
Clapton 0 Takeley 2 MARK Watters fired in a brace and James Amott was also on target as Takeley FC eased to victory at Clapton on Saturday in the Essex Senior League. The visitors started brightly and after two minutes Lewis Baker belted in a 25-
MARK Watters fired in a brace and James Amott was also on target as Takeley FC eased to victory at Clapton on Saturday in the Essex Senior League.
The visitors started brightly and after two minutes Lewis Baker belted in a 25-yard shot that skimmed past the post after interplay between Michael Kennedy and Amott.
You may also want to watch:
Stefan Szajewski put a shot just outside the upright after 15 minutes, but Takeley did take a deserved lead after 22 minutes. After some neat play in midfield a free-kick by Michael Kennedy found captain Watters and he headed in the opener.
Things got even better for the visitors on the half-hour mark as Watters headed in a corner from Baker to double Takeley's lead.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 6 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
Don Watters' men completed their scoring nine minutes into the second half. A long run by Lewis Bristow down the left flank finished with an accurate cross onto the head of Amott who planted the ball into the Clapton net.
Takeley kept the pressure on until the end, and were unlucky not to win by a greater margin.
Takeley were due to visit Hullbridge Sports last night in their final game of the season.