Takeley defeat Southend Manor after Hullbridge Sports loss
- Credit: Archant
Takeley boss Marc Das was pleased his side responded to their first Essex Senior League loss of the season by getting back to winning ways.
The Station Road side went down 1-0 at home to Hullbridge Sports at the weekend, however they triumphed 2-1 at Southend Manor on Tuesday night with second half goals from Mitchell Das and Jason Todd.
Das senior told the Broadcast: “It was a difficult game [against Manor], but we’re pleased to have got the win.
“It’s not a very decent field there so the conditions were difficult.
“They also made it very difficult for us, it was direct, long ball with a few angry challenges in the game.
You may also want to watch:
“They had two senf off and we picked up three bookings.
“It was 0-0 at half-time, we had a good talk about what was required of them and the players responded.”
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 3 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 4 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 5 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 6 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 7 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 8 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
Takeley took the lead from a second half counter-attack.
Having cleared a long throw into their box they broke down the right flank.
The ball was played forward and helped on to Mitchell Das in the box who took a touch before lobbing the keeper.
It was 2-0 when Jason Todd tucked home.
Matt Keiller pulled one back with a close range finish for 2-1, but then Manor had two players sent-off in quick succession.
Of Saturday’s loss Das added: “It was our worst performance to date.
“We didn’t play well, our passing wasn’t there and there were missed chances from our three forwards.
“They (Sports) had one real chance and scored it.”
Takeley are in FA Vase action on Saturday at home against Tower Hamlets.