Takeley defeat Redbridge with late Barrett winner
- Credit: Archant
Takeley recovered from going a goal down to defeat Redbridge 2-1 and maintain their push at the top of the Essex Senior League on Saturday.
The result ensured Takeley completed the league double over the Motormen having beaten them away 2-0 in August with second half goals from Charlie Cole and Jack Haspineall.
At the weekend though Redbridge drew first blood as Lee Weemes put his side ahead at Station Road midway through the first half.
However, Paul Tiffen took a chance and levelled the game just before the break.
Both teams huffed and puffed as it looked like ending in a draw.
You may also want to watch:
However, with just a minute to play of normal time substitute Reece Barrett popped up with the winner to hand Marc Das’ side all three points.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 3 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 4 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 7 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 8 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests