Takeley boss sets season’s targets
- Credit: Archant
Takeley boss Duncan Easley has targeted a top six finish on the eve of the new Essex Senior League Premier Division season.
The side from Station Road kick-off their campaign at home to Tower Hamlets on Saturday (3pm) before travelling to FC Romania on Wednesday.
Easley told the Dunmow Broadcast: “We had a strong finish last year so I have tried to keep the majority of the players, we’ve lost a couple and gained a couple, but the majority of the squad is the same.
“I want us to improve on our 11th place from last season.
“With two or three additions I’d like us to push for a top six finish.”
Of the opening game, he said: “It’s hard to know what to expect from some of the London sides as they change manager and players regularly, so there’s not much consistency from one season to the next.
“I think Tower Hamlets’ reserve manager has taken over there, I saw his side play our reserves last season and they were a good side, so it will be a test for us.”
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 6 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 10 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
Of pre-season he added: “The players came back with a reasonable level of fitness, we have worked them hard and they have come on in pre-season individually and as a unit.”
Takeley rounded off their pre-season schedule by beating Haverhill Borough 2-1 on Saturday and drew 3-3 with Herts Senior League outfit Sandridge Rovers last Thursday.