Takeley boss sets season’s targets
- Credit: Archant
Takeley boss Duncan Easley has targeted a top six finish on the eve of the new Essex Senior League Premier Division season.
The side from Station Road kick-off their campaign at home to Tower Hamlets on Saturday (3pm) before travelling to FC Romania on Wednesday.
Easley told the Dunmow Broadcast: “We had a strong finish last year so I have tried to keep the majority of the players, we’ve lost a couple and gained a couple, but the majority of the squad is the same.
“I want us to improve on our 11th place from last season.
“With two or three additions I’d like us to push for a top six finish.”
You may also want to watch:
Of the opening game, he said: “It’s hard to know what to expect from some of the London sides as they change manager and players regularly, so there’s not much consistency from one season to the next.
“I think Tower Hamlets’ reserve manager has taken over there, I saw his side play our reserves last season and they were a good side, so it will be a test for us.”
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
Of pre-season he added: “The players came back with a reasonable level of fitness, we have worked them hard and they have come on in pre-season individually and as a unit.”
Takeley rounded off their pre-season schedule by beating Haverhill Borough 2-1 on Saturday and drew 3-3 with Herts Senior League outfit Sandridge Rovers last Thursday.