Takeley boss pleased with first half of season
- Credit: Archant
Takeley boss Marc Das is delighted his side will enter 2017 in the top four of the Essex Senior League.
Leaders Barking are pulling away from the field as they are four points ahead of Southend Manor with four games in hand, while Clapton are third with Takeley fourth.
Ex-Sawbridgeworth Town manager Das, who is impressing in his first season in charge at Station Road, told the Broadcast: “We are in a fantastic position, we have been in the top three for most of the season.
“We just want to carry on with the way we have been performing and finish as high in the table as we possibly can.
“It’s surpassed where everyone thought we would be, although it’s only the halfway point in the season nothing is decided yet.”
You may also want to watch:
Takeley, who are also into the Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy quarter-finals by beaten Haringey & Waltham FC 8-1, have not applied for promotion this term.
Das said: “From my point of view it was never the plan to gain promotion in the first couple of seasons, we are building a club here.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 4 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 5 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 6 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
- 7 Burglars break into Co-op store
- 8 New intake of junior doctors at Broomfield Hospital
- 9 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 10 In pictures: Record numbers enter Stansted in Bloom
“The pitch and the ground we have is lovely, you couldn’t ask for a better surface to play on.”
Takeley will have to wait until January 14, when Basildon United visit, for their first league game of 2017 due to a second extended enforced break of the season.
Das added: “We have to keep ourselves going in training over the next few weeks to make sure we are ready for Basildon.”