FA Vase: Brantham Athletic 3 Takeley 4
- Credit: Archant
Takeley bounced back from their FA Cup exit at Bostik League side Bowers to book a place in the next round of the FA Vase with a 4-3 win at Brantham Athletic.
They had to withstand early pressure from the hosts, with Ronnie Yates producing some fine saves, before Charlie Cole opened the scoring on 23 minutes, whipping home a perfectly weighted pass from Stuart Zanone.
And Zanone doubled the Takeley lead soon after, pouncing on a miskick, only for George Clarke to hit back for Brantham before half time.
Takeley restored their two-goal lead through George Pullen on 52 minutes and Zanone made it 4-1 from the penalty spot.
But after making some changes, Takeley saw Michael Brother beat Yates for Brantham’s second and Craig Hughes cut the gap to one in the 73rd minute.
You may also want to watch:
Takeley held on to their now slender advantage to secure the prize money and a place in the next round.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs