FA Vase: Brantham Athletic 3 Takeley 4
- Credit: Archant
Takeley bounced back from their FA Cup exit at Bostik League side Bowers to book a place in the next round of the FA Vase with a 4-3 win at Brantham Athletic.
They had to withstand early pressure from the hosts, with Ronnie Yates producing some fine saves, before Charlie Cole opened the scoring on 23 minutes, whipping home a perfectly weighted pass from Stuart Zanone.
And Zanone doubled the Takeley lead soon after, pouncing on a miskick, only for George Clarke to hit back for Brantham before half time.
Takeley restored their two-goal lead through George Pullen on 52 minutes and Zanone made it 4-1 from the penalty spot.
But after making some changes, Takeley saw Michael Brother beat Yates for Brantham’s second and Craig Hughes cut the gap to one in the 73rd minute.
You may also want to watch:
Takeley held on to their now slender advantage to secure the prize money and a place in the next round.
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 5 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 8 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success