Takeley beat Enfield 3-0 away from home for third consecutive clean sheet
TAKELEY earned their third consecutive clean sheet in a routine win over Enfield to continue their push for promotion into the Isthmian league.
Terrell Hunter, Reece Dobson and Greig Taylor netted for Steve Castle’s men to close the gap on second-place Great Wakering Rovers to three points, with three games in hand.
Castle’s men face a home encounter against seventh-place Southend Manor tomorrow (Tuesday) before an important clash against Barkingside, who trail Takeley by three points with two games in hand, on Saturday.
Hunter opened the scoring with a composed finish in the 50th minute after a pinpoint delivery from Michael Richardson found him in a great position.
Dobson doubled the lead 20 minutes later in an opportunistic move after he picked up a loose ball from Daryl Doolan’s loose pass.
You may also want to watch:
Taylor wrapped up the win five minutes later after a through ball found his feet deep in the area moments after Dobson and Doolan came close to adding a third.
With the three points secured Takeley continued to move in for the kill.
- 1 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary
Taylor fired over in the 85th minute after Dobson passed Taylor, but his effort flew over the bar.
Takeley goalkeeper Ronnie Yates earned his clean sheet with a late save against Neil Hughes, who was left one-on-one with the Takeley shot stopper.
Enfield played much of the game with ten men after Bradley Drisdale was sent off in the 35th minute for kicking Takeley’s Ashley Grindham in the head as he fell to the ground from a hard tackle.
ENFIELD 1893: Bert GREENWOOD; Jerry JARETTE, Tom QUERRY; Wesley BURGHES, Aaron SCOTT(Capt), Julian EDWARDS; Bradley DRISDALE, John MBAMARAH, (71 Joe McGUINESS) Jermaine OESI (70 Neil HUGHES), Ashley TAYLOR-FORBES, Mervyn ABRAHAM. Substitutes not played: Aaron Cato, Sam Haywood.
TAKELEY FC: Ronnie YATES; Nick AZZORPARDI (54 Luke MILBOURNE), Charlie SIMPSON; Alex MARTIN (Capt), Ashley GRINHAM (78 Michael GRAHAM), James AMOTT; Terrell HUNTER (54 Daryl DOOLAN),, Michael RICHARDSON, Greig TAYLOR, Scott SMITH, Reece DOBSON. Substitutes not p-layed: Jordan Barra, Danny Payne,