Takeley beat Enfield 3-0 away from home for third consecutive clean sheet
TAKELEY earned their third consecutive clean sheet in a routine win over Enfield to continue their push for promotion into the Isthmian league.
Terrell Hunter, Reece Dobson and Greig Taylor netted for Steve Castle’s men to close the gap on second-place Great Wakering Rovers to three points, with three games in hand.
Castle’s men face a home encounter against seventh-place Southend Manor tomorrow (Tuesday) before an important clash against Barkingside, who trail Takeley by three points with two games in hand, on Saturday.
Hunter opened the scoring with a composed finish in the 50th minute after a pinpoint delivery from Michael Richardson found him in a great position.
Dobson doubled the lead 20 minutes later in an opportunistic move after he picked up a loose ball from Daryl Doolan’s loose pass.
You may also want to watch:
Taylor wrapped up the win five minutes later after a through ball found his feet deep in the area moments after Dobson and Doolan came close to adding a third.
With the three points secured Takeley continued to move in for the kill.
- 1 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 2 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 6 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 7 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 8 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 9 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 10 Rain thwarts Aythorpe Roding's title charge but High Roding at the double again
Taylor fired over in the 85th minute after Dobson passed Taylor, but his effort flew over the bar.
Takeley goalkeeper Ronnie Yates earned his clean sheet with a late save against Neil Hughes, who was left one-on-one with the Takeley shot stopper.
Enfield played much of the game with ten men after Bradley Drisdale was sent off in the 35th minute for kicking Takeley’s Ashley Grindham in the head as he fell to the ground from a hard tackle.
ENFIELD 1893: Bert GREENWOOD; Jerry JARETTE, Tom QUERRY; Wesley BURGHES, Aaron SCOTT(Capt), Julian EDWARDS; Bradley DRISDALE, John MBAMARAH, (71 Joe McGUINESS) Jermaine OESI (70 Neil HUGHES), Ashley TAYLOR-FORBES, Mervyn ABRAHAM. Substitutes not played: Aaron Cato, Sam Haywood.
TAKELEY FC: Ronnie YATES; Nick AZZORPARDI (54 Luke MILBOURNE), Charlie SIMPSON; Alex MARTIN (Capt), Ashley GRINHAM (78 Michael GRAHAM), James AMOTT; Terrell HUNTER (54 Daryl DOOLAN),, Michael RICHARDSON, Greig TAYLOR, Scott SMITH, Reece DOBSON. Substitutes not p-layed: Jordan Barra, Danny Payne,