Takeley are early season pacesetters with two wins from two
- Credit: Archant
Takeley continued their winning start to the Essex Senior League season to go top of the table with a 2-1 victory over London Bari at Station Road.
Having beaten Hullbridge Sports 2-0 away in the campaign opener on Saturday, courtesy of two Charlie Cole penalties, Marc Das’ side followed that up with another three points, and another spot kick, on Tuesday night.
Paul Tiffen tucked home to hand Takeley an early lead which they held until the break.
The second half saw Bari get back on level terms with an effort from outside the box.
However, the winner came with 10 minutes to go as Takeley were given a penalty which was converted by Mitchell Das.
You may also want to watch:
Takeley are in FA Cup action on Saturday as they head to Barking in the extra preliminary round.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?