Takeley are early season pacesetters with two wins from two
- Credit: Archant
Takeley continued their winning start to the Essex Senior League season to go top of the table with a 2-1 victory over London Bari at Station Road.
Having beaten Hullbridge Sports 2-0 away in the campaign opener on Saturday, courtesy of two Charlie Cole penalties, Marc Das’ side followed that up with another three points, and another spot kick, on Tuesday night.
Paul Tiffen tucked home to hand Takeley an early lead which they held until the break.
The second half saw Bari get back on level terms with an effort from outside the box.
However, the winner came with 10 minutes to go as Takeley were given a penalty which was converted by Mitchell Das.
Takeley are in FA Cup action on Saturday as they head to Barking in the extra preliminary round.
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 3 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 4 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 7 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 8 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 9 Campaigners quiz council over its Wethersfield prisons letters
- 10 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner