Takeley are early season pacesetters with two wins from two
- Credit: Archant
Takeley continued their winning start to the Essex Senior League season to go top of the table with a 2-1 victory over London Bari at Station Road.
Having beaten Hullbridge Sports 2-0 away in the campaign opener on Saturday, courtesy of two Charlie Cole penalties, Marc Das’ side followed that up with another three points, and another spot kick, on Tuesday night.
Paul Tiffen tucked home to hand Takeley an early lead which they held until the break.
The second half saw Bari get back on level terms with an effort from outside the box.
However, the winner came with 10 minutes to go as Takeley were given a penalty which was converted by Mitchell Das.
You may also want to watch:
Takeley are in FA Cup action on Saturday as they head to Barking in the extra preliminary round.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 3 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 4 Raynes Boxing Club duo delighted to return to amateur competition
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 7 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Audley End apple festival is this weekend
- 10 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish