Takeley again secure the bragging rights
- Credit: Archant
Duncan Easley’s Takeley claimed the derby bragging rights again over Stansted, managed by his old pal Paul Attfield.
Easley, who was Attfield’s number two at Royston Town before the pair took their current roles with Essex Senior League outfits, saw his team secure a 2-1 away League Challenge Cup win on Tuesday at Hargrave Park Stadium takes to Greig Taylor’s penalty and Matt Standen’s late winner.
The side from Station Road will next face either Haringey Borough or Ilford in the next round.
It was the second time in 10 days that Takeley had defeated their near neighbours, they claimed a 3-0 league win over Stansted on November 15.
On Saturday Takeley were defeated 1-0 by Premier Division league leaders Haringey Borough.
You may also want to watch:
In a close game the only goal was a contentious one which came on the stroke of half-time for the hosts.
Borough’s Daniel Aristidou picked up the ball from what seemed an offside position, rounded keeper Sam Haywood scored.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 New cycle network consultation announced
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 8 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
Aristidou was not flagged by the out of position assistant referee and the goal stood.
Takeley responded well after the break and Greig Taylor twice stuck the post for them in the second half as they looked to draw level.
Takeley had further scoring opportunities, but Alex Martin and Aaron Harriett were both denied by fine stops from Borough keeper Ashley Harris.
Jason Beck was sent-off late on for picking up a second yellow card as Takeley fell to a narrow defeat.
Takeley travel to Tower Hamlets in the league on Saturday.