Tag rugby success for Great Dunmow Primary School
PUPILS at Great Dunmow Primary School tagged themselves onto the glory trail quite literally by triumphing in an inter-school rugby tournament.
Competing against local, but friendly, school rivals from Flitch Green and Felsted, the Dunmow A and B teams came first and second out of the six sides that took part.
Hosted by Felsted the tag-rugby contest, held last Wednesday, was a great success according to co-ordinator Holly Miles.
“It was very chilly, but the pace of the games was fast, there was some excellent rugby played, and 77 were tries scored across the whole afternoon.
“Some children, as young as year three, were completely new to the sport and thoroughly enjoyed the friendly atmosphere”.
You may also want to watch:
The overall results were first: Great Dunmow A, second: Great Dunmow B, third: Felsted A, fourth: Flitch A, fifth: Felsted B, sixth: Flitch B.
- 1 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 Tens of thousands of pounds worth of horse riding gear stolen in High Easter
- 4 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 'This is my life version 2.0' - Doctor marks Covid anniversary with fundraising efforts
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
- 10 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired