Swimming placements up for grabs
GREAT Dunmow Leisure Centre is working with the ASA, the national governing body for swimming, to employ trainee Aquatic Assistants in work placements.
The six-month long placements, funded through the National Skills Academy and the Department of Work and Pensions Future Jobs Fund, are available for young people aged 18-24 who have been out of work for more than six months.
During this time young people will gain valuable work experience and have the opportunity to achieve recognised qualifications including the ASA UKCC Level One Certificate in Teaching Aquatics and RLSS National Pool Lifeguard.
They will also benefit from vocational training in areas such as customer service, introduction to gym instruction, sport industry awareness and child protection.
ASA project officer Jo Thomas said: “Each trainee will benefit from lots of support and training which will provide them with all the skills they need to help them secure a job at the end of the six-month placement.
You may also want to watch:
“The scheme also shows them that there’s a great variety of roles in a leisure centre, from helping to promote the facilities to the local community through to general management tasks.”
There are still placements available at your local pool so please contact Great Dunmow Leisure Centre on 01371 878 690 for more information.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced