Swimming: Dunmow Atlantis shine on National stage
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis made an impressive debut on the National stage at the British Masters in Plymouth as they claimed 15 medals.
The women’s 4x50m medley relay squad of Tara Stroud, Holly Miles, Nicola Russell and Sarah Edwards led the way with a superb gold.
And there were silvers for Kyle Panton (400m freestyle), Abbie Hart (100m butterfly) and Louis Spong (200m medley, 100m butterfly).
Stephen Beal, Russell, Matt McLaughlin and Stroud won mixed 4x50m medley relay silver, as the men’s 4x50m medley squad did the same.
Bronze medals went to Dylan Nutt (200m butterfly), Stroud (200m freestyle), Panton (200m freestyle, medley) and Spong (200m breaststroke), as well as the mixed 4x50m freestyle relay squad of Spong, Edwards, Jamie McLaughlin and Stroud.
You may also want to watch:
The men’s and women’s 4x50m freestyle relay squads added further bronze medals as Dunmow finished 22nd overall out of nearly 200 clubs across the UK. For further information about joining the club, you can visit their website dunmowatlantis.co.uk.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 9 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear