Swimming: Dunmow Atlantis shine on National stage
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis made an impressive debut on the National stage at the British Masters in Plymouth as they claimed 15 medals.
The women’s 4x50m medley relay squad of Tara Stroud, Holly Miles, Nicola Russell and Sarah Edwards led the way with a superb gold.
And there were silvers for Kyle Panton (400m freestyle), Abbie Hart (100m butterfly) and Louis Spong (200m medley, 100m butterfly).
Stephen Beal, Russell, Matt McLaughlin and Stroud won mixed 4x50m medley relay silver, as the men’s 4x50m medley squad did the same.
Bronze medals went to Dylan Nutt (200m butterfly), Stroud (200m freestyle), Panton (200m freestyle, medley) and Spong (200m breaststroke), as well as the mixed 4x50m freestyle relay squad of Spong, Edwards, Jamie McLaughlin and Stroud.
You may also want to watch:
The men’s and women’s 4x50m freestyle relay squads added further bronze medals as Dunmow finished 22nd overall out of nearly 200 clubs across the UK. For further information about joining the club, you can visit their website dunmowatlantis.co.uk.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 4 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford