Swimming: Dunmow Atlantis put in great performance at New Year Open Gala in Basildon
- Credit: Archant
Additional early morning training sessions are paying dividends for Dunmow Atlantis swimmers who put in some exceptional performances at the New Year Open Gala in Basildon at the weekend.
DASC came away with 54 medals – made up of 27 gold, 17 silver and 10 bronze – with 66 personal bests achieved, 11 New Essex County Age Group qualifying times, with another 27 Improved Essex County Age Group qualifying times.
It’s been a great start to 2014 for the club, having already reached five east region qualifying times, and it is shaping up to be a a very exciting year for all.
Club spokesman Darren Dack said: “A great big thank you goes out to all the swimmers, coaches, helpers and parent who, without their support, this club would not be reaching the level of success we are currently enjoying. The whole town should be very proud
of this group of children and young adults.”
You may also want to watch:
Any local businesses that would like to be DASC sponsor for the year can contact the club through its website – dunmowatlantis.co.uk – to arrange details.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 New cycle network consultation announced
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack