Swimming: Dunmow Atlantis put in great performance at New Year Open Gala in Basildon
- Credit: Archant
Additional early morning training sessions are paying dividends for Dunmow Atlantis swimmers who put in some exceptional performances at the New Year Open Gala in Basildon at the weekend.
DASC came away with 54 medals – made up of 27 gold, 17 silver and 10 bronze – with 66 personal bests achieved, 11 New Essex County Age Group qualifying times, with another 27 Improved Essex County Age Group qualifying times.
It’s been a great start to 2014 for the club, having already reached five east region qualifying times, and it is shaping up to be a a very exciting year for all.
Club spokesman Darren Dack said: “A great big thank you goes out to all the swimmers, coaches, helpers and parent who, without their support, this club would not be reaching the level of success we are currently enjoying. The whole town should be very proud
of this group of children and young adults.”
You may also want to watch:
Any local businesses that would like to be DASC sponsor for the year can contact the club through its website – dunmowatlantis.co.uk – to arrange details.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 3 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 4 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 8 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 9 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 10 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision