Swimming: Dunmow Atlantic make a splash at Open Swimming Gala in Harlow
- Credit: Archant
DUNMOW Atlantis Swimming Club members took part in the Eric Shepherd Open Swimming Gala at Harlow Leisure Zone last Saturday – and with great success.
The gala was another fantastic result for the club with various swimmers getting 43 personal bests, 13 new or improved Essex qualifying times and seven club records. These came from 16-year-old Jamie McLaughlin in the 100m backstroke,
Rebecca Maybanks, 14, in the 100m freestyle and 50m fly, Matthew McLaughlin, 19, in the 100m breaststroke, Abigail Hart, 14, in the 50m fly, 12-year-old Meghan Maybanks in the 100m freestyle and Samuel Dack, 10, in the 100m breaststroke.
Dunmow, competing against 13 other clubs, finished fourth overall.
There were lots of medals received by the Dunmow swimmers, with 13-year-old Louis Spong receiving the ‘Top Boy’ cup with the most points awarded.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the following day, club member Meghan Maybanks helped Essex win the Eastern Inter Counties Gala. Maybanks won her 100m freestyle race, and was in two winning relay teams.
These galas were the last of a great season for Dunmow Atlantis, with members reporting back at the start of next season.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease