Swimming: Dunmow Atlantic make a splash at Open Swimming Gala in Harlow
- Credit: Archant
DUNMOW Atlantis Swimming Club members took part in the Eric Shepherd Open Swimming Gala at Harlow Leisure Zone last Saturday – and with great success.
The gala was another fantastic result for the club with various swimmers getting 43 personal bests, 13 new or improved Essex qualifying times and seven club records. These came from 16-year-old Jamie McLaughlin in the 100m backstroke,
Rebecca Maybanks, 14, in the 100m freestyle and 50m fly, Matthew McLaughlin, 19, in the 100m breaststroke, Abigail Hart, 14, in the 50m fly, 12-year-old Meghan Maybanks in the 100m freestyle and Samuel Dack, 10, in the 100m breaststroke.
Dunmow, competing against 13 other clubs, finished fourth overall.
There were lots of medals received by the Dunmow swimmers, with 13-year-old Louis Spong receiving the ‘Top Boy’ cup with the most points awarded.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the following day, club member Meghan Maybanks helped Essex win the Eastern Inter Counties Gala. Maybanks won her 100m freestyle race, and was in two winning relay teams.
These galas were the last of a great season for Dunmow Atlantis, with members reporting back at the start of next season.
- 1 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 2 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 8 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 9 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 10 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns