Super start to season for swimming club
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis have made a flying start to the new season, enjoying success at three different events.
The season opener at Basildon saw impressive results, including 67 PBs and 11 new club records.
The squad gained 47 medals, consisting of 17 gold, 16 silver and 14 bronze.
In addition, there were 11 Essex Age Group 2016 qualifying times together with a further 39 that were improved upon.
Last weekend was the turn of the Atlantis Masters squad, with representatives Michele Romaine, Holly Miles, Gemma Bennett and Matt Hodge travelling to Newmarket for the East Region Championships.
You may also want to watch:
Out of 11 events, the swimmers gained an outstanding eight medals and two PBs.
Riding high after national level success in the summer, 14-year-old Meghan Maybanks represented the club and the East at the two-day English Schools Swimming Association event in Leeds.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
Maybanks put in an exceptional performance, earning PBs in 200m backstroke, 100m freestyle and the 100m backstroke in the relay.
For further information on the club visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk