Super start to season for swimming club
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis have made a flying start to the new season, enjoying success at three different events.
The season opener at Basildon saw impressive results, including 67 PBs and 11 new club records.
The squad gained 47 medals, consisting of 17 gold, 16 silver and 14 bronze.
In addition, there were 11 Essex Age Group 2016 qualifying times together with a further 39 that were improved upon.
Last weekend was the turn of the Atlantis Masters squad, with representatives Michele Romaine, Holly Miles, Gemma Bennett and Matt Hodge travelling to Newmarket for the East Region Championships.
Out of 11 events, the swimmers gained an outstanding eight medals and two PBs.
Riding high after national level success in the summer, 14-year-old Meghan Maybanks represented the club and the East at the two-day English Schools Swimming Association event in Leeds.
- 1 Plans unveiled for 22 new Hatfield Broad Oak homes
- 2 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 3 Braintree burglary sparks Essex Police appeal
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Dunmow St Mary's pupils scoop 14 medals in school sport series
- 6 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 7 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 8 Environmental action: Dunmow boutique Wardrobe holding eco-swap
- 9 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
- 10 New Broomfield Hospital garden to boost patients' wellbeing
Maybanks put in an exceptional performance, earning PBs in 200m backstroke, 100m freestyle and the 100m backstroke in the relay.
For further information on the club visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk