Super start to season for swimming club
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis have made a flying start to the new season, enjoying success at three different events.
The season opener at Basildon saw impressive results, including 67 PBs and 11 new club records.
The squad gained 47 medals, consisting of 17 gold, 16 silver and 14 bronze.
In addition, there were 11 Essex Age Group 2016 qualifying times together with a further 39 that were improved upon.
Last weekend was the turn of the Atlantis Masters squad, with representatives Michele Romaine, Holly Miles, Gemma Bennett and Matt Hodge travelling to Newmarket for the East Region Championships.
You may also want to watch:
Out of 11 events, the swimmers gained an outstanding eight medals and two PBs.
Riding high after national level success in the summer, 14-year-old Meghan Maybanks represented the club and the East at the two-day English Schools Swimming Association event in Leeds.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
Maybanks put in an exceptional performance, earning PBs in 200m backstroke, 100m freestyle and the 100m backstroke in the relay.
For further information on the club visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk