Super start to Essex Swimming League Division One by Dunmow Atlantis
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis caused an upset by convincingly winning the first round of the 2016 Essex Swimming League against some of the county’s top clubs on Saturday.
Having been promoted to Division One after last year’s overall win, Dunmow had plenty to prove against Harlow, Basildon, Halstead, Newham/UEL and Romford.
Dunmow took first place by 11 points over title holders Romford, and 48 points ahead of third placed club Harlow.
The talented Atlantis squad, aged between 10 and 22, thrilled the spectators with some outstanding performances throughout the evening.
There were 62 new personal bests and an incredible 21 new club records set, most notably in the 4x50m relays as hard work practising starts and takeovers paid off.
You may also want to watch:
Out of 49 races, DASC took a total of 20 first places, 11 second spots and eight third positions.
The Dunmow squad consisted of: Maddie Lees, Lucy le Huquet, Rebecca Johnson, Amy-Rose Ansell, Damon Elliot, Patrick Winnington, Toby Rayner, Aidan Clarkson, Abbie Hart, Chloe Moloney, Jack Richardson, Grace Mellor, John Boyle, Amy Edwards, Louis Spong, Jamie Spong, Kyle Panton, Rebecca Watt, Rebecca Dack, Samuel Dack, Sophie Taylor, Emma Sarginson, Meghan Maybanks, Josh Smith, Charlotte Speakman, Callum Whelan, Daisy Herrington, plus Jamie and Matt McLaughlin.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
Round Two of the league takes place in March, and judging by their flying start Dunmow will certainly want to keep up their momentum.