Sunday races for keen Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners
- Credit: Archant
There was a choice of events for Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR) on Sunday; a five mile race at Braintree or a half marathon at Colchester.
The Braintree race, which included a section of the Flitch Way, was won by Mark Sanford, of Chelmsford Athletic Club, in 27 minutes 27 seconds.
For GFDR, Jason Wintin was fastest, coming 25th in 32mins 16secs, just two seconds faster than team- mate Matt Webster.
Gerard Geurts finished in 35min 4secs, followed by Simon King, John Hardy and Charlotte King.
Angela Thorpe, running her first road race following a serious accident seven years ago finished in 44mins 32secs ahead of Richard Percy in 1hr 5mins 41 secs.
You may also want to watch:
The Colchester Half Marathon was won by David Green of Northampton Road Runners in 1hr 12mins 4secs.
Ashwin Shah, in 76th position, was the fastest for GFDR in 1hr 28mins 58secs.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 6 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
Martin Jackson, in 1hr 41mins 1secs, finished four seconds ahead of Wendy Staines and 4mins 7secs before his father Colin Jackson.
Debbie Stares completed the event in 2hrs 18mins 51secs.