Summertime fun for Dunmow netballers and their families
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Crests Netball Club held its first family fun day and awards presentation earlier this month.
The event, held at Barnston Football Club, recognised the achievements of members of the club, as well as bringing together their families for some summertime fun.
Children and adults alike were entertained with a bouncy castle, fun races, face painting, and a family game of rounders. A barbeque provided food for the occasion.
Commenting on the day, Claire Smith, founder and club captain said: “The club has gone from strength to strength this year. It was nice to be able to acknowledge the achievements of players and to get all the families together for a fun afternoon. A great way to round off a fantastic season.”
The fun day also incorporated the first annual club awards. These recognised the progress of players from each team, as well as celebrating those who had been nominated the most as player of the match during the Winter season.
You may also want to watch:
The winners were:
League Player of the Season: Claire Smith & Leanne Spall (A team); Marie Barr (B team); Jo Smeaton ( C team)
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 9 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
Crests Player of the Season: Kristy Rosam (A team); Hannah Roberts-Harland (B team); Hollie Mackay (C team)
Most Improved Players: Kate Smith (A team); Hannah Roberts-Harland (B team); Linda Pledger (C team)
Coach Briony Pidgen said: “I have thoroughly enjoyed working with all the ladies at Dunmow Crests over the past two years, and it is great to see how much the club is growing. The improvement in so many of the players is clear to see and I look forward to continuing to coach them over the coming years.”
The event was the first held by the Club, which was set up just two years ago. It is hoped that it will now become an annual fixture on the Crests’ calendar.
Dunmow Crests train Monday evenings 7.30-8.30pm at Dunmow Leisure Centre. Anyone wishing to join the club should contact email@example.com