Sudden death shoot-out delight for Dunmow United Colts
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow United Colts U17s took victory, via a sudden death penalty shoot-out, to lift the Blackwater and Dengie League Division One Cup in a dramatic final against Coggeshall Town Blacks.
United started the encounter well, but Town were strong in set-piece situations and led 2-1 at the break.
Dunmow raised their game in the second half and dominated play.
The pressure finally paid off as they forced an equaliser.
Neither side could find the winning goal so the game went to extra-time.
You may also want to watch:
United continued to push for victory and the Coggeshall Town keeper made an outstanding save to deny United the win at that stage.
As the final minutes were played out both sides became more cautious, not wanting to concede, and so the final was settled on penalties.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
Both sides were clinical as the keepers couldn’t get near the well-struck penalties and at 5-5 it went to sudden death.
Finally it was Town who missed the target and United were deserved winners.
Credit was given to Coggeshall Town for a battling performance, but it was Dunmow’s day.