Successful season for Dunmow netballers
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Crests Netball Club have enjoyed another successful season in the Chelmsford and District Summer League, with two of their teams finishing top and runners-up in their respective divisions.
The B and C teams have only played together for a year.
Building on their Winter League experience, players excelled scoring a string of victories to secure the positions.
The A team, who secured promotion after the autumn/winter season, had a more mixed summer, facing some tough opposition at times.
Success has also come off the court. Dunmow has had an influx of new members over the past few months, enabling them to enter four teams in the league for the autumn/winter season this year.
There are now 40 ladies regularly playing for the club, and a waiting list has now been put in place for those wanting to join.
With the growth of the club, associated costs rise.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 10 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
The club has been fortunate enough to secure the support of Alloy Fabweld, who donated money towards the purchase of waterproof jackets.
Great Dunmow Roundtable also made a grant towards ongoing running costs and coaching.
Club founder Claire Smith said: “We’re delighted with how the club has grown in recent months, and the success we are enjoying both on and off the court.
“We are always grateful to our sponsors and for any grants we receive. Both are vital in ongoing running of the club.”
With the club going from strength to strength, the ladies are now turning their attentions to preparations for the next season, and hoping the success may continue.