Success keeps coming for Felsted’s hockey teams
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School are celebrating yet more national and regional success in hockey.
Fresh from the U15 girls’ reaching a national semi-final, their U19 counterparts have done the same.
A close and hard-fought game with Queen Ethelburga’s School in the quarter-final of the Independent Schools Hockey Cup (ISHC) ended with the Braintree Road school coming out with a 3-2 victory.
Director of Felsted girls’ hockey, Ms Loren Sherer, said: “The professionalism and team spirit shown by the girls was absolutely outstanding and we look forward to seeing who they will face in the national semi-final.”
And it isn’t just the girls who have been enjoying the thrill of victory.
You may also want to watch:
The school’s U14 boys have been crowned Essex champions.
The team conceded just one goal across four games on their way to the title.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
They beat Forest 2-1 and Cooper’s 3-0 before drawing 0-0 with Chigwell and Bancroft.
That was enough to secure their place in the east regional round on February 23 on goal difference.
The U14 boys are the sixth Felsted hockey team to claim the county title this season, joining the U16 boys and the U11, U13, U14 and U16 girls’ teams.