Strong qualifying pace from Dunmow’s Alex Lynn at the Norisring in Germany
- Credit: Archant
ALEX Lynn will start all three of the weekend’s races at the Norisring street circuit in Germany from the front two rows of the grid after a strong showing in his Prema Powerteam car.
The Dunmow racer qualified fourth for tomorrow’s opening FIA Formula 3 European Championship event, before following this up with a second and third in races two and three respectively.
Pole position for all three races was split between the two main championship rivals – Raffaele Marciello and Felix Rosenqvist.
The Swede took the spoils in qualifying for race one, only to see Prema Powerteam racer Marciello claim top spot for race two and three.
There was very little to separate the drivers in qualifying for the first race. Rosenqvist was fastest with a lap of 48.997 – one thousandth of a second quicker than Italian Marciello. In third was American Félix Serrallés, as he rounded the circuit in a time of 48.999, a further five thousandths faster than Dunmow’s Alex Lynn in fourth. His time was 49.004.
You may also want to watch:
Alexander Sims took fifth ahead of Lucas Auer and Saffron Walden’s Tom Blomqvist, the latter posting a best time of 49.200.
Marciello’s second best lap of 49.016 was enough to give him pole in race two, ahead of team-mate Lynn, who was 0.074 seconds further back. Rosenqvist was third, Sims fourth, Serrallés fifth and Blomqvist eighth.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
Championship leader Marciello led the way again in the second qualifying session, a best lap time of 48.567 giving him pole for race three, 0.194 ahead of Rosenqvist. Third was Lynn – 0.230 off pole position – and fourth Blomqvist. Auer rounded out the top five.