Striders impress again
Saffron Striders were again out in force, this time at the trail race in Wandlebury at the weekend. The MacMillan Wandlebury five mile race was on a tough, hilly course in Cambridgeshire with all Striders putting in impressive performances. Despite a
Saffron Striders were again out in force, this time at the trail race in Wandlebury at the weekend.
The MacMillan Wandlebury five mile race was on a tough, hilly course in Cambridgeshire with all Striders putting in impressive performances.
Despite arriving late and missing the start, John James still finished as the first Strider home in an impressive time of 35min 5sec.
His wife, Margit Wendelberger-James, finished in 51st position having been dragged around the course by their dog, Freda.
You may also want to watch:
Janet Bradshaw, Liz Shields and Monica Krylander all posted good times to finish in the top 80. The race also saw impressive times achieved by Simon
Taylor, Chris Gibson and Frank Haynes.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
The Saffron Walden 10K will take place on Sunday September 30.
Entry forms are available from the website at www.saffronstriders.org.uk, from Runnerway in Cromwell Road or by calling 01799 500109.