Striders don’t Wobble at jog
Several Saffron Striders took on the challenge of the weirdly named Wibbly Wobbly Log Jog on Friday. This is a testing five mile run through Thetford Forest, where the runners negotiate sharp turns on an undulating mix of gravel trails, tree tunnels and
Several Saffron Striders took on the challenge of the weirdly named Wibbly Wobbly Log Jog on Friday.
This is a testing five mile run through Thetford Forest, where the runners negotiate sharp turns on an undulating mix of gravel trails, tree tunnels and narrow paths.
Veteran runner John Howe was the first Strider to cross the finish line closely followed by Carole Wigley and then Frank Haynes.
Further afield, Paul Burgess and Gavin Long attempted the Milland Valley Trail Race for the third consecutive year.
You may also want to watch:
Once again, the runners had to cope with intense sunshine on the South Downs in this tough 21km race. Long shot off from the gun but failed to hold on and with just 1500m to go, Burgess caught and then passed his Saffron Striders team-mate.
Both runners achieved significant improvements on last year's time, with Burgess knocking a staggering 12 minutes off his 2006 time.
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 8 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
Entries are coming in thick and fast for the Saffron Walden 10K race on Sunday September 30.
Further information and entry forms are available from the website www.saffronstriders.org.uk, from Runnerway in Cromwell Road or by calling John Howe on 01799 500109.