Striders don’t Wobble at jog
Several Saffron Striders took on the challenge of the weirdly named Wibbly Wobbly Log Jog on Friday. This is a testing five mile run through Thetford Forest, where the runners negotiate sharp turns on an undulating mix of gravel trails, tree tunnels and
Several Saffron Striders took on the challenge of the weirdly named Wibbly Wobbly Log Jog on Friday.
This is a testing five mile run through Thetford Forest, where the runners negotiate sharp turns on an undulating mix of gravel trails, tree tunnels and narrow paths.
Veteran runner John Howe was the first Strider to cross the finish line closely followed by Carole Wigley and then Frank Haynes.
Further afield, Paul Burgess and Gavin Long attempted the Milland Valley Trail Race for the third consecutive year.
You may also want to watch:
Once again, the runners had to cope with intense sunshine on the South Downs in this tough 21km race. Long shot off from the gun but failed to hold on and with just 1500m to go, Burgess caught and then passed his Saffron Striders team-mate.
Both runners achieved significant improvements on last year's time, with Burgess knocking a staggering 12 minutes off his 2006 time.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
Entries are coming in thick and fast for the Saffron Walden 10K race on Sunday September 30.
Further information and entry forms are available from the website www.saffronstriders.org.uk, from Runnerway in Cromwell Road or by calling John Howe on 01799 500109.