Stephens takes stableford title at Gosfield’s Autumn Meeting
- Credit: Archant
The ladies of Gosfield Lake Golf Club held their Autumn Meeting with a stableford competition and also a presentation to lady members who had been successful over the last few months of the summer golfing season.
In the cold autumn weather more than 80 ladies competed and with the day steadily improving there were some remarkable scores.
The Autumn Meeting winner on the Lakes Course was Sue Stephens with a magnificent total of 40 stableford points.
In second was Sandra Parnell with 33 points narrowly beating Jackie Henley into third place on 32 points.
Lady captain Georgina Penketh presented the prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Penketh handed Sharon Clark the prize for the Best Front Nine scoring 20 points and awarded the prize to Mary Turner for the Best Back Nine with 16 points.
The Autumn Meeting winners on the Meadows Course were Carole Hodgson with 25 points and in second place was Maggie Crace on 21 points followed by Carol Herbert only one point in arrears.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 3 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 4 Raynes Boxing Club duo delighted to return to amateur competition
- 5 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 6 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 7 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
All the ladies enjoyed the dinner and presentation.
Penketh announced that a further few hundred pounds had been raised for this year’s club charity, the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity.