Stephens takes stableford title at Gosfield’s Autumn Meeting
- Credit: Archant
The ladies of Gosfield Lake Golf Club held their Autumn Meeting with a stableford competition and also a presentation to lady members who had been successful over the last few months of the summer golfing season.
In the cold autumn weather more than 80 ladies competed and with the day steadily improving there were some remarkable scores.
The Autumn Meeting winner on the Lakes Course was Sue Stephens with a magnificent total of 40 stableford points.
In second was Sandra Parnell with 33 points narrowly beating Jackie Henley into third place on 32 points.
Lady captain Georgina Penketh presented the prizes.
Penketh handed Sharon Clark the prize for the Best Front Nine scoring 20 points and awarded the prize to Mary Turner for the Best Back Nine with 16 points.
The Autumn Meeting winners on the Meadows Course were Carole Hodgson with 25 points and in second place was Maggie Crace on 21 points followed by Carol Herbert only one point in arrears.
- 1 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 2 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 3 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 4 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 5 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 6 Wins for High Roding, Aythorpe Roding and Dunmow cricketers
- 7 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
- 10 High Easter hit Legends with second-half goal blitz
All the ladies enjoyed the dinner and presentation.
Penketh announced that a further few hundred pounds had been raised for this year’s club charity, the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity.