Stephens takes stableford title at Gosfield’s Autumn Meeting
- Credit: Archant
The ladies of Gosfield Lake Golf Club held their Autumn Meeting with a stableford competition and also a presentation to lady members who had been successful over the last few months of the summer golfing season.
In the cold autumn weather more than 80 ladies competed and with the day steadily improving there were some remarkable scores.
The Autumn Meeting winner on the Lakes Course was Sue Stephens with a magnificent total of 40 stableford points.
In second was Sandra Parnell with 33 points narrowly beating Jackie Henley into third place on 32 points.
Lady captain Georgina Penketh presented the prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Penketh handed Sharon Clark the prize for the Best Front Nine scoring 20 points and awarded the prize to Mary Turner for the Best Back Nine with 16 points.
The Autumn Meeting winners on the Meadows Course were Carole Hodgson with 25 points and in second place was Maggie Crace on 21 points followed by Carol Herbert only one point in arrears.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 3 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 6 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
All the ladies enjoyed the dinner and presentation.
Penketh announced that a further few hundred pounds had been raised for this year’s club charity, the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity.