Stansted stretch unbeaten run
Stansted FC remain unbeaten this pre-season following their 1-1 draw at London Colney on Tuesday night. Bradley Walsh gave them the lead after 25 minutes with a cracking side foot volley from 12 yards, but a freak equaliser in the last minute saw the ball
Stansted FC remain unbeaten this pre-season following their 1-1 draw at London Colney on Tuesday night.
Bradley Walsh gave them the lead after 25 minutes with a cracking side foot volley from 12 yards, but a freak equaliser in the last minute saw the ball bobble over debutant Matt Cope to give Colney a share of the spoils.
Manger Terry Spillane is delighted with what he has seen and can't wait for the new season.
"We outplayed Colney and it was a good workout against a strong side," he said.
"We are now unbeaten in five and it's a long time since that has happened at the club. Although the results don't mean anything, it's a great confident booster and we are ready to go."
- Stansted were held to a 2-2 draw in their friendly at Slade Green on Saturday.
- 1 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 5 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 6 High Easter hit Legends with second-half goal blitz
- 7 Wins for High Roding, Aythorpe Roding and Dunmow cricketers
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
Danny Dow gave the Airportmen the lead on his debut after 30 minutes, with Sam McCarthy making it 2-0 10 minutes later. Stansted dominated the second half, but two late goals salvaged a share of the spoils for the hosts.
Stansted visit Newham United on Tuesday.