Stansted stretch unbeaten run
Stansted FC remain unbeaten this pre-season following their 1-1 draw at London Colney on Tuesday night. Bradley Walsh gave them the lead after 25 minutes with a cracking side foot volley from 12 yards, but a freak equaliser in the last minute saw the ball
Stansted FC remain unbeaten this pre-season following their 1-1 draw at London Colney on Tuesday night.
Bradley Walsh gave them the lead after 25 minutes with a cracking side foot volley from 12 yards, but a freak equaliser in the last minute saw the ball bobble over debutant Matt Cope to give Colney a share of the spoils.
Manger Terry Spillane is delighted with what he has seen and can't wait for the new season.
"We outplayed Colney and it was a good workout against a strong side," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"We are now unbeaten in five and it's a long time since that has happened at the club. Although the results don't mean anything, it's a great confident booster and we are ready to go."
- Stansted were held to a 2-2 draw in their friendly at Slade Green on Saturday.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
Danny Dow gave the Airportmen the lead on his debut after 30 minutes, with Sam McCarthy making it 2-0 10 minutes later. Stansted dominated the second half, but two late goals salvaged a share of the spoils for the hosts.
Stansted visit Newham United on Tuesday.