Spartak enjoy perfect 10

Spartak U13s 10 Ramsey Colts 2 Spartak were expecting a close game as both teams were in similar positions in the Cambs Colts League. The Spartak starting 11 included new signing David Anthony who was a little rusty having not played for six weeks. But y

Spartak U13s 10

Ramsey Colts 2

Spartak were expecting a close game as both teams were in similar positions in the Cambs Colts League.

The Spartak starting 11 included new signing David Anthony who was a little rusty having not played for six weeks. But you would never have known, as with only 14 minutes gone he had already notched up a hat-trick.

This was followed by some outstanding football from Spartak and on 20 minutes Harry O'Malley made it 4-0, shortly followed by Matt Cullingworth making it five.

Ramsey tried hard to fight their way back into the game and managed a consolation goal.

Most Read

With five minutes to go before half time Anthony added another two to take his goal tally to five.

In the second half Spartak took advantage of a poor goal kick and O'Malley made it 8-1.

Cory Smith made it 9-1, before Anthony finished things off with his sixth goal by striking a long shot.

Ramsey did pull one back just on the blast of the final whistle.

Cambridge Colts U14 B league

Spartak 78 U14s 1

Brampton Spartans 0

Spartak came away with the points to extend their unbeaten run to six games in the Cambridge Colts B?League.

Brampton made the better chances in the first half, but Spartak changed formation after the break and and started to open up the Brampton defence.

Skipper Calum Shaw moved into the attack and after several close efforts, Tim Wade provided the through ball to Shaw who thumped home the winner.

Priory Parkside B U12s 1

Spartak A Reds 5

Despite the Reds thinking they had finished for the year, a rearranged fixture saw them travel to St Neots in Division A of the Cambs Colts League.

From the kick off, they pushed forward but were shocked to go a goal down thanks to an own goal conceded from a corner.

The Reds composed themselves and hit back on 10 minutes when Wilson calmly beat the keeper.

Ed Lowe unleashed a shot from 18 yards to make it 2-1 at half time.

In the second half Duck added a third before Gurung challenged the keeper with the rebound rolling into the empty net.

With a few minutes left, Gurung rounded the final defender and shot past the diving keeper to score his second and seal the game 5-1.

Ravens Youth U7s 0

Thaxted Rangers 3

Thaxted Rangers dominated the Blackwater and Dengie Youth League game and the home side only managed one first half shot on target and this was well saved by stand-in goalie Thomas Barkley.

The visitors failed to convert an awarded penalty, but were soon in front thanks to a superb run and goal by George Jossuame.

The second half proved to be even better for Thaxted as Oliver Thorpe scored from a pass by Thomas Farmer, before a third was added by man of the match Jossuame.

Maldon Town Panthers U9 1

Dunmow Rhodes Tigers 1

Rhodes visited Maldon for the first time and found themselves involved in a fantastic game.

The first half saw both teams creating opportunities, however it was Maldon who took the lead from close range. Rhodes immediately piled on the pressure and an equaliser came from a 20-yard wonder strike by Sam Soutar.

The second half saw both teams push forward, but the defences came out on top, with some excellent displays from Barry, Stanley and keeper Alexander.

Dunmow Rhodes Tigers U11s 2 Danbury Juniors 1

injuries and unavailability meant Dunmow were down to 12 players, but the Tigers came out roaring in the first half.

The home side took the game to the opposition with Cooper and Price attacking down the flanks.

The first half ended goalless and just five minutes after the restart Danbury took the lead with a deflected shot following a free-kick.

Man of the match Cooper-Smith and fellow defender Moxon kept the score at 1-0 before the introduction of Orpen turned the match.

With 10 minutes left Dunmow were awarded a penalty after a foul on Burgess. Orpen stepped up to score before adding a winner with two minutes to go.

Elsenham U8s 3

Harlow Town Whites 2

Elsenham's youngsters enjoyed a fine victory over a team who beat them 5-1 at the start of the season.

Harlow took the lead midway through the first half before Elsenham pulled level when Owen Palmer slipped past two opponents and fired in a shot.

The second-half saw Elsenham look more dangerous and Dennis Earle steered the ball home to put the home team in front.

With little more than five minutes remaining, Harlow made it 2-2 with a powerful shot. However, the drama wasn't over and two minutes later Rhys Daltrey crossed for Alexander Best to score.

Elsenham U9 3, Saturn 1

Two goals from George Greenhalgh helped Elsenham secure only their second league win of the season.

After a goalless opening period, the game opened up after the break and the home team took advantage when Thomas Blake got on the end of a cross from the right to score.

Elsenham continued to press and Greenhalgh added a second.

Saturn grabbed a lifeline with five minutes remaining, but Elsenham responded when Greenhalgh lashed home a 20-yard free-kick.

Heybridge Youth Tigers U9s 0

Flitch Youth 5

Flitch Youth returned to their winning ways with a sound performance away from home.

Flitch pressed from the off, with Bull opening the scoring from close range. Man of the Match Dicker lashed home a volley to make it 2-0 at half time.

In the second half, it was one-way traffic, with Bull slamming home his second from a tight angle, to make it 3-0, before White unleashed a superb blast from the edge of the box to make it 4-0.

Dicker finished off the scoring by rounding the keeper to make it 5-0.

Bar Hill Colts U16s 8

Saffron Walden Town 0

THE Walden boys visited high- scoring league leaders Bar Hill in the Cambs Colts League.

The home side's number 10 put Walden to the sword in the first half as the visitors struggled to cope with his pace and placement. The Walden defence had no real answer as they conceded six goals.

A change of tactics in the second half saw Walden midfielder George Dann drop back and effectively mark the home side number 10 out of the game, earning him the man of the match award.

Bar Hill added two more after the break to make it 8-0.

Aztecs Juniors U8s 1

Spartak 78 2

SPARTAK 78 U8s gave their coach, parents and supporters an early Christmas present as they secured their first league win of the season.

The visitors from Saffron Walden quickly built up a two-goal lead through striker Charlie Mitchinson.

An outstanding save from Spartak goalkeeper James Howlett kept it 2-0 at half time.

Aztecs scored in a nervous last few minutes and keeper Howlett was called on to keep it 2-1.

Albion Youth U12s 1

Elsenham 4

George Roberts scored his second hat-trick in successive matches to help Elsenham defeat their Stevenage-based opponents and move up to second in the league.

The match came to life towards the end of the first half, when Albion took the lead. Elsenham keeper George Mortimer was hurt in the process so Charles Cooke took over between the posts.

Elsenham grabbed an equaliser five minutes before half-time when Roberts unleashed a terrific shot.

In the second half Kyle Kersey put the visitors ahead for the first time. Two minutes later Roberts extended the lead before wrapping up the game up with his third goal to make the final score 4-1.

Aztecs B U13s 2

Burwell Tigers 1

Aztecs went into the Christmas break on a high after completing the double over Burwell Tigers in a close contest at Linton.

Aztecs took the lead in the first minute in the Cambs Colts League match, when Tim Jefferies picked up the ball on the right wing and ran into the area before drilling his shot home off the post.

A few minutes later, Adam Kelly won a tackle in midfield and passed to Jefferies for his second goal.

Aztecs looked comfortable, but the visitors refused to give up and pulled a goal back on the stroke of half-time.

The second half was a tense affair, as Aztecs clung on to their lead and the Tigers pressed forward. However, Aztecs remained solid in defence, with Harry Watkins impressive at right-back and Ollie Jones reliable as ever in goal.

Priory Parkside U12s 2

Spartak Blacks 2

TWO well-matched sides enjoyed a share of the points in a competitive Cambs Colts League encounter.

Spartak survived an early scare inside the first minute before the home side took the lead on 20 minutes when the Blacks failed to make a simple clearance.

Five minutes after the break Spartak equalised when a penalty was awarded for handball. Jack Holliday converted the spot kick with a powerful shot. Priory then retook the lead on 22 minutes with a powerful shot inside the left post.

Then on 25 minutes the home side conceded a free-kick 25 yards out. Holliday stepped up and placed the ball to the left of goal and after a brief skirmish David Boyd poked the ball home.

Intersports YFC U17s 2

Barnston Youth 4

Barnston U17s battled back from two goals down and a first half dominated by some excellent Intersports football to record a stunning victory.

Intersports raced into a two-goal lead at half time in the Chelmsford Youth Football League Division Three match.

Midway through the second half Barnston took control and scored three quick goals through Gareth Coombs, Jack Curtis and Chris Dixon to take the lead.

In the final minutes Intersports were only prevented from equalising by outstanding saves by Barnston keeper Fran Sepulveda-Perry, before Barnston finished the game off with a further goal from Coombs.

e-mail your reports to