Spanish swimming camp for Dunmow swimmers
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis swimmers arrived back from Majorca on Saturday, having spent a week at swim camp honing their skills.
The swimmers, from the club’s various squads, including regional and masters, took full advantage of the superb facilities available, completing gruelling daily sets, plus land training and evening activities.
Other local clubs who attended were Bishop’s Stortford, Hoddesdon and Enfield.
Atlantis’ head coach, Steve Turner said: “This year’s swim camp has been a great success, giving our swimmers the opportunity of warm weather training in a 50m outdoor pool.
“We have had excellent team building activities for both swimmers and coaches alike.
You may also want to watch:
“We always work very hard in training, but this week have had the opportunity to see other competitive clubs’ training styles at the same venue.
“I would like to thank all swimmers and coaches that made this such a memorable week.”
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 4 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 9 Ambitious and fast-growing High Roding raring to go ahead of new season
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
Atlantis now turn their attention to the busy winter season, which will see them competing at various open meets plus county and regional competitions.