Spanish swimming camp for Dunmow swimmers
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis swimmers arrived back from Majorca on Saturday, having spent a week at swim camp honing their skills.
The swimmers, from the club’s various squads, including regional and masters, took full advantage of the superb facilities available, completing gruelling daily sets, plus land training and evening activities.
Other local clubs who attended were Bishop’s Stortford, Hoddesdon and Enfield.
Atlantis’ head coach, Steve Turner said: “This year’s swim camp has been a great success, giving our swimmers the opportunity of warm weather training in a 50m outdoor pool.
“We have had excellent team building activities for both swimmers and coaches alike.
“We always work very hard in training, but this week have had the opportunity to see other competitive clubs’ training styles at the same venue.
“I would like to thank all swimmers and coaches that made this such a memorable week.”
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 4 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 8 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Chelmsford: Safety improvements planned at roundabout after Thaxted man dies
Atlantis now turn their attention to the busy winter season, which will see them competing at various open meets plus county and regional competitions.