South of England cross-country success for Tuttlebury
BARNSTON flyer Katie Tuttlebury put in a star individual performance at the South of England inter-counties cross-country championship, and picked up a team silver medal in the process.
The 18-year-old underlined her personal good form in 2010 by finishing twelfth in the U20’s race beating a host of top class runners.
Her Essex team finished second overall out of eight counties and she and her teammates were handed silver medals for their efforts.
Tuttlebury blitzed the tough six-kilometre course at Shuttleworth College in Biggleswade and is well and truly looking forward to 2011 as she continues to improve.
Speaking to the Broadcast before Saturday’s race she said she hoped to make the top twenty and she did easily, almost breaking into a talented top ten.
You may also want to watch:
As the New Year approaches she added: “My main aims are to keep pushing myself and gain new titles. Balancing running, my job, and university is a challenge but if you enjoy a sport like I do, you constantly challenging yourself.”
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 4 New cycle network consultation announced
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows