South of England cross-country success for Tuttlebury
BARNSTON flyer Katie Tuttlebury put in a star individual performance at the South of England inter-counties cross-country championship, and picked up a team silver medal in the process.
The 18-year-old underlined her personal good form in 2010 by finishing twelfth in the U20’s race beating a host of top class runners.
Her Essex team finished second overall out of eight counties and she and her teammates were handed silver medals for their efforts.
Tuttlebury blitzed the tough six-kilometre course at Shuttleworth College in Biggleswade and is well and truly looking forward to 2011 as she continues to improve.
Speaking to the Broadcast before Saturday’s race she said she hoped to make the top twenty and she did easily, almost breaking into a talented top ten.
You may also want to watch:
As the New Year approaches she added: “My main aims are to keep pushing myself and gain new titles. Balancing running, my job, and university is a challenge but if you enjoy a sport like I do, you constantly challenging yourself.”
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan