Skipper Mel Hussain guides High Roding CC to victory
HIGH Roding entertained Springfield on Saturday and enjoyed an easier day than many expected.
Batting first Roding managed 205-9 with captain Mel Hussain scoring 88. Adam Holdgate scored 15, Travis Hussain 26, Ryan Palmer 12 Steve Robinson 19 and Mark Gallop 18.
Springfield were soon in trouble and were 0-1, after a diving catch from Gus Burns. Batsmen got out at regular intervals with Craig Miller taking 4-27. Mark Gallop, Travis Hussain and Mel Hussain all took two wickets.
Springfield were all out for 120 to give Roding a 85-run victory.
* HIGH Roding lost out to Bentley on Sunday in the National Village Cup, losing by 19 runs.
You may also want to watch:
Bentley batted first and with Larrett scoring 86, and Johnson 63 they ended on 249-9.
After losing Adam Holdgate and Travis Hussain, Mel and Ryan Palmer set about the bowlers and things were looking good at 180-2.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 9 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
Mel got out for 74, followed shortly after by Palmer with 32. Roding were all out for 226.