Sixth formers produce stunning display to take national bronze
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School’s senior riding team achieved an incredible third place at the National Schools’ Championships after performing brilliantly over a very challenging course in the infamous Hickstead arena.
Sixth formers Sam Wisbey, Jemima Upton and Molly McGuckian were competing against 57 other teams from schools across the UK.
After a strong start, the team held their nerve as they made it through to the final jump-off, where they finished with just four faults and a score of 12, placing them third in the UK.
Out of 174 riders competing, all three Felsted riders also finished in the individual top 10.
Year 12, Sam Wisbey said: “Jumping in the Hickstead arena was an incredible opportunity.
“We are very proud to have placed third out of so many schools.”
Felsted has had a number of successes at a regional and national level in the past few years, including a significant number of individual and group qualifiers for the NSEA National Schools Showjumping Championships in October.
- 1 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 2 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 3 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 4 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 5 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 6 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 9 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 10 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
Felstead headmaster Chris Townsend put the superb finish in context. He added: “This triumph for Felsted Riding is up there with the very best of the school’s sporting achievements. The team should be incredibly proud.”