Sixth formers produce stunning display to take national bronze
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School’s senior riding team achieved an incredible third place at the National Schools’ Championships after performing brilliantly over a very challenging course in the infamous Hickstead arena.
Sixth formers Sam Wisbey, Jemima Upton and Molly McGuckian were competing against 57 other teams from schools across the UK.
After a strong start, the team held their nerve as they made it through to the final jump-off, where they finished with just four faults and a score of 12, placing them third in the UK.
Out of 174 riders competing, all three Felsted riders also finished in the individual top 10.
Year 12, Sam Wisbey said: “Jumping in the Hickstead arena was an incredible opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very proud to have placed third out of so many schools.”
Felsted has had a number of successes at a regional and national level in the past few years, including a significant number of individual and group qualifiers for the NSEA National Schools Showjumping Championships in October.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 4 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 5 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 6 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
- 7 Burglars break into Co-op store
- 8 New intake of junior doctors at Broomfield Hospital
- 9 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 10 In pictures: Record numbers enter Stansted in Bloom
Felstead headmaster Chris Townsend put the superb finish in context. He added: “This triumph for Felsted Riding is up there with the very best of the school’s sporting achievements. The team should be incredibly proud.”