Sixth formers produce stunning display to take national bronze
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School’s senior riding team achieved an incredible third place at the National Schools’ Championships after performing brilliantly over a very challenging course in the infamous Hickstead arena.
Sixth formers Sam Wisbey, Jemima Upton and Molly McGuckian were competing against 57 other teams from schools across the UK.
After a strong start, the team held their nerve as they made it through to the final jump-off, where they finished with just four faults and a score of 12, placing them third in the UK.
Out of 174 riders competing, all three Felsted riders also finished in the individual top 10.
Year 12, Sam Wisbey said: “Jumping in the Hickstead arena was an incredible opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very proud to have placed third out of so many schools.”
Felsted has had a number of successes at a regional and national level in the past few years, including a significant number of individual and group qualifiers for the NSEA National Schools Showjumping Championships in October.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 10 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
Felstead headmaster Chris Townsend put the superb finish in context. He added: “This triumph for Felsted Riding is up there with the very best of the school’s sporting achievements. The team should be incredibly proud.”