Sixth Essex hockey title for school
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School’s U14 boys’ hockey team matched the effort of their U16 counterparts in becoming Essex Champions last week, as Felsted’s excellent start to the hockey season continues.
This is the school’s sixth Essex hockey title of the season, after four successes from the girls.
Particularly strong performances came against Coopers’ Coburn (7-0) and Forest School (5-0), with a final 3-0 win against Bancrofts.
In all, 15 goals were scored with none conceded.
Coach Loren Sherer said: “The U14s played some fantastic two touch pass and move hockey throughout the tournament and were worthy winners on the day.”
You may also want to watch:
The East round of the competition will be held at Bedford Sports Centre on February 26.
- 1 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 2 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 3 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 7 Stations benefit from funding
- 8 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 9 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings