Show jumping - Riders impress in mane event
After qualifying back in February, two teams from Saffron Walden & District Riding Club put in impressive performances at the National Novice Indoor Show Jumping Championships at Hartpury, in Gloucestershire. The Senior team were the first of the club s t
After qualifying back in February, two teams from Saffron Walden & District Riding Club put in impressive performances at the National Novice Indoor Show Jumping Championships at Hartpury, in Gloucestershire.
The Senior team were the first of the club's teams to compete on the Saturday and all the team members jumped brilliantly and the team finished the first round with 0 penalties.
The team was unlucky to pick up just four penalties in the second round to finish the competition with just this score.
Only two teams in the competition managed to finish with no penalties with a further five ending on four penalties.
You may also want to watch:
Saffron Walden's team which consisted of Carol Grant and Fleur, Angela Wheatley and Ruby, Suzannah Engelmann and Chubbs, Leah Gypps and Dann were the second fastest of these five teams in the second round and therefore secured fourth place in the competition from teams all over Great Britain.
The junior team unfortunately had to start the competition with a team of three rather than the normal four due to admin problems.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
Despite this handicap, the team consisting of Tessa Olley and Ziggy, Bethany Brown and Dougal, Emily Duff and JJ also Olivia Potter and Larry, Jo Snell and Harry, Emily Edgar and Sterling started well with the riders all jumping neatly, however the teams hopes of success were not to be.