Seven goals for Duberry in cup trouncing
- Credit: Archant
Sam Duberry hit a magnificent seven goals for Dunmow Rhodes Lions U17s against Maldon Saints at High Easter on Sunday in a 9-0 cup victory.
Rhodes were quick off the mark taking a 1-0 lead in the first minutewith Duberry netting.
Within seven minutes of kick-off he completed his hat-trick.
George Watkins had a good game, with strong runs and control, and he set up Sam Hockley for 4-0.
Rhodes continued pushing forward and skipper Christian Roles fed Lewis Roe to fire home,with another good shot for number five.
Rhodes’ keeper Luke Johnson was having a quiet first half, but he pulled off a brilliant save to keep a clean sheet.
Watkins, again kept tormenting the Maldon Saints defence, and his pass found Duberry to make it 6-0 at half-time.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
After the break Dunmow kept up the pressure and Duberry hit his fifth goal, and his side’s seventh,after a good run and cross from Roles.
Maldon Saints keeper and skipper Patrick Austen-Hardy had an excellent game pulling off save after save from the busy Dunmow side, but Duberry scored two more to round off the victory in what was his side’s first game for three weeks.