Seven goals for Duberry in cup trouncing
- Credit: Archant
Sam Duberry hit a magnificent seven goals for Dunmow Rhodes Lions U17s against Maldon Saints at High Easter on Sunday in a 9-0 cup victory.
Rhodes were quick off the mark taking a 1-0 lead in the first minutewith Duberry netting.
Within seven minutes of kick-off he completed his hat-trick.
George Watkins had a good game, with strong runs and control, and he set up Sam Hockley for 4-0.
Rhodes continued pushing forward and skipper Christian Roles fed Lewis Roe to fire home,with another good shot for number five.
You may also want to watch:
Rhodes’ keeper Luke Johnson was having a quiet first half, but he pulled off a brilliant save to keep a clean sheet.
Watkins, again kept tormenting the Maldon Saints defence, and his pass found Duberry to make it 6-0 at half-time.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
After the break Dunmow kept up the pressure and Duberry hit his fifth goal, and his side’s seventh,after a good run and cross from Roles.
Maldon Saints keeper and skipper Patrick Austen-Hardy had an excellent game pulling off save after save from the busy Dunmow side, but Duberry scored two more to round off the victory in what was his side’s first game for three weeks.