Seven goals for Duberry in cup trouncing
- Credit: Archant
Sam Duberry hit a magnificent seven goals for Dunmow Rhodes Lions U17s against Maldon Saints at High Easter on Sunday in a 9-0 cup victory.
Rhodes were quick off the mark taking a 1-0 lead in the first minutewith Duberry netting.
Within seven minutes of kick-off he completed his hat-trick.
George Watkins had a good game, with strong runs and control, and he set up Sam Hockley for 4-0.
Rhodes continued pushing forward and skipper Christian Roles fed Lewis Roe to fire home,with another good shot for number five.
You may also want to watch:
Rhodes’ keeper Luke Johnson was having a quiet first half, but he pulled off a brilliant save to keep a clean sheet.
Watkins, again kept tormenting the Maldon Saints defence, and his pass found Duberry to make it 6-0 at half-time.
- 1 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 Tens of thousands of pounds worth of horse riding gear stolen in High Easter
- 4 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 'This is my life version 2.0' - Doctor marks Covid anniversary with fundraising efforts
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
- 10 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
After the break Dunmow kept up the pressure and Duberry hit his fifth goal, and his side’s seventh,after a good run and cross from Roles.
Maldon Saints keeper and skipper Patrick Austen-Hardy had an excellent game pulling off save after save from the busy Dunmow side, but Duberry scored two more to round off the victory in what was his side’s first game for three weeks.