School Sport: Felsted boys secure national finals spot
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School’s under-14 boys’ hockey team are through to the national finals at Lee Valley, after being crowned East region champions.
They started their week with a rescheduled preliminary round, winning all three of their matches.
They beat Framlingham (4-0), Haberdashers (3-0) and Gresham’s (3-0) to cruise through to finals day.
And a win over The Perse (3-0) put them in a strong position going into their last game against Norwich.
A nailbiting 3-2 win saw them book a trip to the Olympic Park and coach Nick Phillips said: “The boys have impressed throughout the competition so far and their effort and attitude can’t be faulted.
You may also want to watch:
“They have remained calm at pivotal moments in the close games and have been rewarded for their efforts.
“This is an achievement they should be very proud of and I hope they relish the opportunity to compete at a national level.”
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 8 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council