School Sport: Felsted boys secure national finals spot
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School’s under-14 boys’ hockey team are through to the national finals at Lee Valley, after being crowned East region champions.
They started their week with a rescheduled preliminary round, winning all three of their matches.
They beat Framlingham (4-0), Haberdashers (3-0) and Gresham’s (3-0) to cruise through to finals day.
And a win over The Perse (3-0) put them in a strong position going into their last game against Norwich.
A nailbiting 3-2 win saw them book a trip to the Olympic Park and coach Nick Phillips said: “The boys have impressed throughout the competition so far and their effort and attitude can’t be faulted.
You may also want to watch:
“They have remained calm at pivotal moments in the close games and have been rewarded for their efforts.
“This is an achievement they should be very proud of and I hope they relish the opportunity to compete at a national level.”
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 3 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
- 4 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 5 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 6 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 7 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 8 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 9 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 10 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash