Sayer nets first spot
Saffron Walden Angling Club s winter league got under way at Bordeaux Pit on Sunday. Once again the weather contrived to upset form, and a warm wind with rain blowing down the lake took the fish with it. Drawn beside the island at the end of the lake Mal
Saffron Walden Angling Club's winter league got under way at Bordeaux Pit on Sunday.
Once again the weather contrived to upset form, and a warm wind with rain blowing down the lake took the fish with it.
Drawn beside the island at the end of the lake Malcolm Sayer made the most of the conditions. Fishing maggot with a pole he took bream, ide, carp and roach for a winning 8lb 9oz.
Brian Mizon again used his favourite worm bait in the swim known as the parrot cage to capture three superb perch and a tench for 7lb 15oz and runner up spot.
You may also want to watch:
Clive Bradford at peg one kept a steady flow of small fish going into his net weighing 3lb 10oz ahead of Dave Woodley with a similar bag on 2lb 2oz.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert