Sayer nets first spot
Saffron Walden Angling Club s winter league got under way at Bordeaux Pit on Sunday. Once again the weather contrived to upset form, and a warm wind with rain blowing down the lake took the fish with it. Drawn beside the island at the end of the lake Mal
Saffron Walden Angling Club's winter league got under way at Bordeaux Pit on Sunday.
Once again the weather contrived to upset form, and a warm wind with rain blowing down the lake took the fish with it.
Drawn beside the island at the end of the lake Malcolm Sayer made the most of the conditions. Fishing maggot with a pole he took bream, ide, carp and roach for a winning 8lb 9oz.
Brian Mizon again used his favourite worm bait in the swim known as the parrot cage to capture three superb perch and a tench for 7lb 15oz and runner up spot.
You may also want to watch:
Clive Bradford at peg one kept a steady flow of small fish going into his net weighing 3lb 10oz ahead of Dave Woodley with a similar bag on 2lb 2oz.
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 7 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 8 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge