Saracens agree to Felsted School deal
- Credit: Archant
Premiership champions Saracens have agreed a three-year partnership with Felsted School.
This prestigious accolade will ensure that Felsted, which has eight pupils in the Saracens Academy already, continues to grow and develop its rugby offering.
Director of Felsted sport Charlie Knightley said: “Felsted have been working with Saracens for a number of years now and it is very exciting to formalise this partnership, working alongside the current Premiership champions.
“The benefit to our young rugby players will continue and I am delighted that we have plenty of interest from prospective new pupils looking to be part of our excellent sporting set up.
“Current Felstedians will certainly be keen to follow in the footsteps of this year’s 1st XV captain Max Malins, who leaves Felsted this summer to take up a professional academy contract with Saracens, having played for Saracens Academy and England U18s this year.”
You may also want to watch:
Director of Felsted Rugby Andrew Le Chevalier added: “The aim of the partnership is to provide support, resources and development opportunities.
“This will see Saracens working closely with our current rugby staff offering them CPD courses and access to Saracens coaches.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
“We hope that in the coming years the enjoyment and standard of rugby will continue to improve to the benefit of both parties.”
As well as the eight pupils in the academy, another three Felsted boys are due at Saracens’ pre-season training in July.