Running: Grange Farm and Dunmow athletes compete in half marathons
A CHOICE of two half marathons was put before the Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners on Sunday – a road race along a flat course at Great Bentley or a more hilly, cross-country, trail race at Sible Hedingham.
Conditions were good, if a little windy, for both.
The popular Great Bentley race was fully subscribed in advance and 728 runners completed the course.
Of the 12 competitors from Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners, David Spencer was first in 1h 27min 12s, followed by Craig Hooke (1h 31min 8s) and David Andrews (1h 31min 26s).
For the ladies, Kath Birks was first in 1h 45min 38s, with Jules Reeves second (1h 46min 30s) and Charlotte King third (1h 55min 26s).
You may also want to watch:
A total of 49 competitors took part in the Sible Hedingham trail, with five from Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners.
The more challenging cross-country course resulted in slower times. For Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners, John Hardy and Andy Stevenson were fastest in 2h 16min, followed by Pru Hayhow and Chris Hayhow in 2h 18min and Katia Robertson in 2h 43min.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 7 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Festival poised for Holst's 150th birthday celebrations in 2024
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches