Running: Grange Farm and Dunmow athletes compete in half marathons
A CHOICE of two half marathons was put before the Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners on Sunday – a road race along a flat course at Great Bentley or a more hilly, cross-country, trail race at Sible Hedingham.
Conditions were good, if a little windy, for both.
The popular Great Bentley race was fully subscribed in advance and 728 runners completed the course.
Of the 12 competitors from Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners, David Spencer was first in 1h 27min 12s, followed by Craig Hooke (1h 31min 8s) and David Andrews (1h 31min 26s).
For the ladies, Kath Birks was first in 1h 45min 38s, with Jules Reeves second (1h 46min 30s) and Charlotte King third (1h 55min 26s).
You may also want to watch:
A total of 49 competitors took part in the Sible Hedingham trail, with five from Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners.
The more challenging cross-country course resulted in slower times. For Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners, John Hardy and Andy Stevenson were fastest in 2h 16min, followed by Pru Hayhow and Chris Hayhow in 2h 18min and Katia Robertson in 2h 43min.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary