Running: Dunmow runners join village festivities
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,200 runners took part in the Hatfield Broad Oak 10km road race on Monday.
The race was won by Paul Whittacker of Southend-on-Sea AC in 31mins 1sec.
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR) was represented by 25 runners. Fastest was Paul McKenna in 39mins 57secs, closely followed by Jason Wintin (40mins 23secs), David Spencer (40mins 52secs) and Dan Reynolds (41mins 25secs).
Steve Cantle finished in 43mins 6secs, followed by Stuart Warwick (44mins 10secs), Ian Lawson (44mins 21secs), Neil Rumbold (45mins 41secs) and Simon Singleton (45mins 56secs).
Claudine Davie (46mins 5secs) led home the GFDR’s women, just ahead of Jo Bisset-Smith (46mins 50secs).
You may also want to watch:
John Smith (47mins) was followed by James Maples (47mins 57secs), James Hawkes (48mins) and Simon King (49mins 34secs).
Hayley Smith (49mins 38secs), GFDR’s third woman, was followed by Jeanette Hartley (52mins 49secs), Gavin Foster (55mins 41secs) and Diane Hill (57mins 46secs).
- 1 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 2 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 3 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 4 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 7 Former Tring Athletic boss Kevin Christou named as new manager at Dunmow Town
- 8 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 9 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
The Pomfret family was led home by Simon (58mins 21secs), followed by daughter Jess (60mins 14secs) and wife Jane (60mins 34secs). Janet Price finished in 61mins 36secs, ahead of Sandra Smith (62mins 39secs) and Richard Percy (71mins 48secs).
• Meanwhile, on Saturday, GFDR organised a 4-mile cross-country race from Felsted to Leez Priory and back, as part of Felsted School’s 450 year celebrations.
The event was won by Tom Jenner in 30mins 54secs, with GFDR’s Steve Downing (34mins 35secs) second and Peter Hall (35mins 41secs) third.
Fastest female was Roz Smith (38mins 23secs) followed by Marielle Dorset (38mins 54secs) and GFDR’s Charlotte King (39mins 42secs).
GFDR will be holding a 7.5-mile trail race from the Saracen’s Head, Great Dunmow, on Sunday, June 8.