Running: Double victory for Grange Farm at Great Bardfield 10k
- Credit: Archant
GRANGE Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR) won both the men and women team awards at the 22nd Great Bardfield 10km race on Sunday.
Starting at the village primary school, the course took the 108 runners on a multi-terrain route, mainly along the road but including paths and tracks. The relatively flat course and good running conditions led to a number of personal best results.
The event was won by Andrew Mynott of Saffron Striders in 33mins 59secs.
For GFDR, Dan Reynolds in 4th position was fastest in a PB time of 39mins 3secs. There were also PBs for Jason Wintin (39mins 51secs), James Huertas (42mins 18secs) and Simon Singleton (47mins 32secs).
Geoff Maidment was 3rd for GFDR, in 40mins 52secs. David Andrews, in 44mins 8secs, was just 4 seconds faster than Ian Lawson. Stuart Warwick (48mins 7secs) was followed by John Hardy (48mins 39secs), Lee Prowse (52mins 11secs) and Simon King (54mins 26secs).
You may also want to watch:
The fastest woman was Anita Cox of Braintree Athletic Club in 41mins 1secs. For GFDR, Natalie Herbert won the V35 age category in 46mins 53secs.
Hayley Smith finished in 51mins 21secs, followed by Lesley Burpitt (53mins 7secs), Charlotte King (54mins 25secs) and Lauren Bowen (58mins 7secs).
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 7 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
GFDR will be holding an 8-mile trail race from Great Dunmow on October 20.