Running: Best result so far for Grange Farm
IT WAS the best result of the season for Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners at Rivenhall last weekend as they put forward a team of 26.
The third race of the Mid-Essex cross-country league was hosted by the Mid-Essex Casuals on Sunday. The five-mile course was relatively flat but runners were hampered by sticky mud from the fields clinging to their shoes.
A total of 112 runners representing seven clubs took part, including eight women and 18 men from Grange Farm and Dunmow.
The first three women and the first seven men from each club scored team points. Scoring for Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners’ ladies, Jane Smith finished in fourth place, with Pru Hayhow seventh and Hayley Smith ninth. For the men, Nick Laughton was fastest in fourth position, followed by Alistair Brown (5th), Kevin Marshall (9th), David Spencer (11th), Dan Reynolds (15th), Craig Hooke (19th) and Darren Thomas (22nd).
Springfield Striders were the winning women’s team, with Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners and Leigh-on Sea Striders joint second. For the men, Leigh-on Sea Striders was first, with Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners second and Springfield Striders third.
You may also want to watch:
With both teams gaining second places, this was the best result of the season for the Dunmow team.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 9 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash