Running: Best result so far for Grange Farm
IT WAS the best result of the season for Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners at Rivenhall last weekend as they put forward a team of 26.
The third race of the Mid-Essex cross-country league was hosted by the Mid-Essex Casuals on Sunday. The five-mile course was relatively flat but runners were hampered by sticky mud from the fields clinging to their shoes.
A total of 112 runners representing seven clubs took part, including eight women and 18 men from Grange Farm and Dunmow.
The first three women and the first seven men from each club scored team points. Scoring for Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners’ ladies, Jane Smith finished in fourth place, with Pru Hayhow seventh and Hayley Smith ninth. For the men, Nick Laughton was fastest in fourth position, followed by Alistair Brown (5th), Kevin Marshall (9th), David Spencer (11th), Dan Reynolds (15th), Craig Hooke (19th) and Darren Thomas (22nd).
Springfield Striders were the winning women’s team, with Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners and Leigh-on Sea Striders joint second. For the men, Leigh-on Sea Striders was first, with Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners second and Springfield Striders third.
You may also want to watch:
With both teams gaining second places, this was the best result of the season for the Dunmow team.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?