Running: Best result so far for Grange Farm
IT WAS the best result of the season for Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners at Rivenhall last weekend as they put forward a team of 26.
The third race of the Mid-Essex cross-country league was hosted by the Mid-Essex Casuals on Sunday. The five-mile course was relatively flat but runners were hampered by sticky mud from the fields clinging to their shoes.
A total of 112 runners representing seven clubs took part, including eight women and 18 men from Grange Farm and Dunmow.
The first three women and the first seven men from each club scored team points. Scoring for Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners’ ladies, Jane Smith finished in fourth place, with Pru Hayhow seventh and Hayley Smith ninth. For the men, Nick Laughton was fastest in fourth position, followed by Alistair Brown (5th), Kevin Marshall (9th), David Spencer (11th), Dan Reynolds (15th), Craig Hooke (19th) and Darren Thomas (22nd).
Springfield Striders were the winning women’s team, with Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners and Leigh-on Sea Striders joint second. For the men, Leigh-on Sea Striders was first, with Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners second and Springfield Striders third.
You may also want to watch:
With both teams gaining second places, this was the best result of the season for the Dunmow team.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 10 Festival poised for Holst's 150th birthday celebrations in 2024