Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners tackle 24-hour challenge
- Credit: Archant
Three members of Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners took part in the Phoenix Running P24 event at the weekend.
The virtual event began at 8am on Saturday and continued for 24 hours until Sunday morning.
And runners had to run a minimum of one mile every hour on the hour, with some miles themed and including a sprint, a fancy dress element, a family mile and a breakfast mile.
Over the course of the 24-hour period Rachel Rising completed 26.2 miles in a time of 2:55.05, while Gillian Robertson covered the same distance in a time of 3:39.05.
Ashwin Shah managed to go that little bit further, covering 26.6 miles in 3:25.12.
You may also want to watch:
A club spokesperson said: “This was a real test of mental and physical stamina with no or little sleep during the whole time!”
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 6 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing