Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners brilliant at Braintree
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners were among a field of almost 500 at the Braintree five-mile race on Sunday.
The event, hosted by Braintree & District AC, was an Essex Championship race which started and finished at Chelmsford City racecourse, following an undulatinng course along rural roads.
Havering’s James Connor was first past the post in 25 minutes and five seconds, but 11 of the GFDR group set personal bests.
James Bosher was fifth in 26.40, followed by Dan Reynolds (28.43), Ashwin Shah (30.15) and Declan Evans (32.03).
And there were also personal bests for Alan Fullerton (32.52), Karen Pickering (34.32), Lee Prowse (35.25), Abigail Rayner (39.38), Mark Smith (40.30), Debbie Stares (41.24) and Louise Garrett (47.08).
You may also want to watch:
Philippa Robinson was the club’s fastest woman on the day, clocking 32.52 to finish ahead of Martin Atkinson (36.34), Charlotte King (39.41), Robert Jenkins (42.36) and Gavin Foster (47.08).
- 1 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 Tens of thousands of pounds worth of horse riding gear stolen in High Easter
- 4 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 5 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 6 'This is my life version 2.0' - Doctor marks Covid anniversary with fundraising efforts
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
- 9 Farleigh Hospice to host wooftastic walk in May
- 10 Great Easton pub sells at auction