Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners impress in opener
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners enjoyed their share of success at the first Mid-Essex Cross-Country League event of the season.
Hosted by the Braintree & District club at Great Notley Country Park, the course took runners on three laps.
And a total of 28 members turned out for GFDR, with Naomi Moss, Karen Pickering, Hannah McIlvenna and Brady Ramsay combining to win the open women's category.
The women's vets were second behind Springfield Striders, while James Bosher, Lee Pickering, Dan Reynolds, Declan Evans, Matt Bainbridge and Matt Webster scored as the club were third in the open men's category.
Kevin Marshall, Tim Fergus, Steve Read and Alan Fullerton scored as the men's vets also finished third.
You may also want to watch:
Colin Jackson (48.42), Louise Garrett (59.52) and Glenda Jackson (60.43) then ran the Chelmsford 10k in the afternoon, where Claire Hall set a best of 40.42.
Gillian Robertson clocked 1:10.20 at the St neots half marathon, while Ian Lawson completed his 67th marathon - the Roald Dahl Challenge in Northampton - in 4:03.17.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 4 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 5 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 6 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
- 7 Burglars break into Co-op store
- 8 New intake of junior doctors at Broomfield Hospital
- 9 In pictures: Record numbers enter Stansted in Bloom
- 10 School class in Dunmow wins national award