Runners flock to Felsted 10k
EXCELLENT running conditions and a flat course led to fast times at this years Felsted 10k race.
With more than 300 people showing up to tackle the course, Tom Payne from Winchester and June Allen of Springfield Striders took the top spot with times of 31 minutes 21 seconds and 38 minutes 9 seconds, respectively.
Ben Louch (33.32) and Mark Newton (34.22), of Springfield Striders, came second and third in the men’s. Top spot was a tight contest in the ladies’ race with the top two separated by 15 seconds.
Behind Mrs Allen, Martha Hall and Fiona Halls of Saffron Striders rounded the top three in the women’s race.
Stephen Pettit of Ely Runners won the MV40 award in 35 minutes 46 seconds; the MV50 went to David Butler of Billericay Striders (34.39); and the MV60 to Arthur Whiston of Colchester Harriers (39.32).
You may also want to watch:
The FV35 award went to Tarnya Parker of Benfleet Running Club (41.38); the FV45 to Lyn Higgs of Colchester Harriers (42.50); and the FV55 to Lynn Tanner of Saffron Striders (45.50). Springfield Striders won both the men’s and women’s team prizes.
The final race in the series, the Stebbing 10 mile road race will be held on November 13.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert