Rugby Union: Duo target first international starts
THE talents of two Felsted rugby players have attracted the attention of selectors at two top teams.
Rhys Hartley, 17, has been selected to play for the prestigious Independent Schools Barbarians National XV. Meanwhile, Charlie Kingham, 16, has been selected for the South East of England Rugby U16s.
Hartley was one of 50 youngsters from independent schools across the UK who tried out for the Barbarians in December.
Having won a coveted place in the squad he will play four matches against top teams including the Irish Exiles U18s and the Welsh Crawshays U19s before joining the rest of the Barbarians squad for a four-match tour to Zimbabwe in April.
Kingham will play for the South East of England U16s in a three-day Divisional Festival at Broadstreet RFC, which is a chance for the England selectors to see players with a view to selecting them for England U16s. He stands a very good chance of being selected.
You may also want to watch:
Rugby is a principal sport for boys in the winter months at Felsted, which has a long history of nurturing talented players.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge