Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex
- Credit: Accuro
Two keen runners took on a London half marathon to raise money for disability support in west Essex.
Chloe Salisbury, a fundraising officer, ran the Royal Parks Half for the first time to raise money for Takeley-based charity Accuro.
She was joined by supporter Mark Stevens, 57, who came 101st out of nearly 16,000 runners at the event.
Mark said: "I am absolutely delighted to beat my personal best by nearly two minutes, but I was more pleased to have been successful in the ballot for a place in the race and to use it to raise money for this great charity."
Mark completed the course with a time of 1:26:30 after a six-year hiatus from running.
Chloe, who took up the sport this year, crossed the finish line in 1:53:20.
The pair raised more than £1,500 for Accuro to fund clubs and services for people with disabilities throughout west Essex.
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 Live Nativity returns to Great Dunmow this December
- 3 Meet the cast of this year's special Harlow Playhouse pantomime Robin Hood
- 4 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 5 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 6 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 7 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 8 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 9 Festive fun comes to Rayne this December
- 10 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up