Roding motor past Bentley
High Roding defeated Bentley in their last match of the season on Saturday to finish in third spot in the Mid Essex Cricket League. Bentley batted first and Roding made great inroads and they were reeling on 47-6. The hosts then made a recovery with Colm
High Roding defeated Bentley in their last match of the season on Saturday to finish in third spot in the Mid Essex Cricket League.
Bentley batted first and Roding made great inroads and they were reeling on 47-6. The hosts then made a recovery with Colman scoring 33 before being run out, and Doncaster not out on 26.
This allowed Bentley to finish on 155 all out in the 45th over.
Gallop took 3-19, Travis Hussain 2-36 and Ryan Palmer 2-26.
You may also want to watch:
Roding did not start their innings too well with Adam Holdgate getting run out and Travis Hussain being caught in the covers.
Simon Sargent and Matt Everett quickly followed, but Mel Hussain (45) and Jeff Clarke (58), steadied the ship to overtake the Bentley score.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
# The second team could not finish on such a high note losing to Woodford Wells away in their final match of the season.