Roding motor past Bentley
High Roding defeated Bentley in their last match of the season on Saturday to finish in third spot in the Mid Essex Cricket League. Bentley batted first and Roding made great inroads and they were reeling on 47-6. The hosts then made a recovery with Colm
High Roding defeated Bentley in their last match of the season on Saturday to finish in third spot in the Mid Essex Cricket League.
Bentley batted first and Roding made great inroads and they were reeling on 47-6. The hosts then made a recovery with Colman scoring 33 before being run out, and Doncaster not out on 26.
This allowed Bentley to finish on 155 all out in the 45th over.
Gallop took 3-19, Travis Hussain 2-36 and Ryan Palmer 2-26.
You may also want to watch:
Roding did not start their innings too well with Adam Holdgate getting run out and Travis Hussain being caught in the covers.
Simon Sargent and Matt Everett quickly followed, but Mel Hussain (45) and Jeff Clarke (58), steadied the ship to overtake the Bentley score.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
# The second team could not finish on such a high note losing to Woodford Wells away in their final match of the season.